[Paraview] Paraview in Client/Server Model

Yeraze.11960501 at bloglines.com Yeraze.11960501 at bloglines.com
Tue Jan 10 10:09:29 EST 2006

Ok then... I'm using PAraview 2.4.2, freshly downloaded from the website this
morning, on Linux.  I built a PVX file like the following:

<?xml version="1.0"
?>
<pvx>
  <Option Name="reverse-connection" />
  <Option Name="connect-data-to-render"
/>

  <Process Type="client">
    <Machine Name="rhand-svc" />
  </Process>

  <Process Type="data-server">
    <Machine Name="prism" />
  </Process>

  <Process Type="render-server">
    <Machine Name="meteor" />
  </Process>

</pvx>

And then run "~/paraview/bin/pvrenderserver machine.pvx" and Get
the following errors:

[rhand at meteor pvtest]$ ~/paraview/bin/pvrenderserver
machine.pvx
Connect to localhost:22221
ERROR: In /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot/paraview-2.4.2/VTK/Parallel/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 521
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x8062aa0): Can not connect to localhost
on port 22221

ERROR: In /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot/paraview-2.4.2/Servers/Common/vtkPVClientServerModule.cxx,
line 574
vtkPVClientServerModule (0x805f668): Server error: Could not connect
to the client. localhost 22221

ERROR: In /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot/paraview-2.4.2/Servers/Common/vtkPVClientServerModule.cxx,
line 583
vtkPVClientServerModule (0x805f668): No GUIHelper set, can not exit
application

--- Amy Squillacote <amy.squillacote at kitware.com wrote:

No, that's what documentation is currently available.  Copy the
> example
XML file shown, replacing rs_m1 and rs_m2 with the names of
> the machines
in your render server.  You will need one Machine XML
> element per machine
in your render server.  As for specifying a
> reverse connection, you can
just specify --reverse-connection (or
> -rc) on the command-line as in previous
versions of

wrote:
> >Surely there must exist more documentation that this.  As I alluded
to in
> >the previous email, I've already seen that.  Not only does this
not give any
> >information on what's required in those fields, but it doesn't
give
> >any information
> >on how to setup Reverse Connections.
> >

> >--- Amy Squillacote <amy.squillacote at kitware.com
> >wrote:
>

> >At 09:27 AM 1/10/2006, Yeraze.11960501 at bloglines.com wrote:

> >want to load paraview in a distributed client/server fashion where
the Data

> >high-end

Desktop.  I've found
> >references

I need to create for such a thing,
> >but documentation

this seems to be rather, how do you say, "Nonexistant".

like
> >this?  I'm using Paraview 2.4.1,

Reverse Connections
> >between the Windows Box & the 2 *nix