[Paraview] Newbie question

Berk Geveci berk . geveci at kitware . com
17 Jul 2003 09:18:01 -0400

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delay in my response. ParaView 0.6 did not have
any support for transient data other than using the animation
editor together with Tcl scripts. We have introduced time support
since then and it will be available in ParaView 1.0 (alpha
release coming in about a week). However, we have just started
on this and it is still in its infancy. Currently, ParaView
recognizes time in a few file formats mainly ParaView and
EnSight. File series are also supported in most formats. Currently,
it is possible to specify fixed mesh with transient attributes
only in EnSight files. In every other supported format, you have
the duplicate the geometry even if it remains the same. We will
address this issue in the coming releases. Once 1.0 is out, I
can give you more hints on how you can deal with transient data.

-Berk