[Insight-users] Re: Cellular images : Level Set segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Apr 2 18:46:18 EDT 2007

Hi XueQuan,

Here are some options that you may want to consider:

1) You can take the Voronoi map image produced by
    the Danielsson or the Maurer distance map filters.

2) For every marker, theshold the voronoi map, so that
    you end up with a mask that has the voronoi region
    corresponding to a single nucleus.

3) Use this binary region to mask the speed image that you
    compute from the gradient magnitude of the original image.
    Pass the resulting masked image as the feature image to
    the level set. In this way you are restricting the level
    set to grow into the voronoi region at most.

About your other question,

If you negate the initial level set, then you can have
it behaving as a shrinking front instead of an expanding
front.