[Insight-developers] developing formal documentation

M Stauffer -V- mstauff at verizon.net
Thu Sep 13 18:32:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

Brian Avants and I are working on more formal end-user documentation for
the new v4 registration framework.

Our first thought is to develop something along the lines of the v3 "ITK
Software Guide". Any reason we should take a different approach?

We'd like to incorporate code from existing examples directly by
reference to the example source code files, as the software guide does.
I downloaded the documentation project directly via

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight checkout
InsightDocuments

First off, is this the latest version of this? It's referenced in the
main itk.git repo's Documentation/README.html.

Within this branch/directory, I see instructions and the scripts for
parsing latex-marked-up source code files in
InsightDocs/InsightDocuments/SoftwareGuide, for example
ParseCxxExamples.pl. These seem to be the documents I need to follow the
same approach as the software guide - might there be other instructions
or helpful files elsewhere?

-M