[Insight-developers] developing formal documentation

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:56:20 EDT 2012

following up on this ...

ideally, we would like to extract sections of code already in the ITK
main repository with directives that allow it to be included in a
latex document.

for example

// \begin{AddToLatexSectionX}
...some code
// \end{AddToLatexSectionX}

as opposed to just extracting line numbers from the source code.
that's a problem because the line numbers can change over time which
will create  a dual maintenance and testing issue.

is there an established way of doing this?  if not, we can establish
our own approach if it's acceptable to  pollute some testing code with
directives like those above.

thanks, as usual, for your time,

brian