[Insight-developers] stack registration - links between optimizer scales, image intensity, size etc

Nicholas Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 09:59:06 EDT 2012

Hi Richard,

Perhaps you would be interested to know of some recent
work we did involving a significant refactoring of the registration
capabilities in ITK which includes automated scale parameter
estimation:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RegistrationParameterScalesEstimator.html
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RegistrationParameterScalesFromIndexShift.html
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RegistrationParameterScalesFromJacobian.html
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RegistrationParameterScalesFromPhysicalShift.html
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RegistrationParameterScalesFromShiftBase.html

If you would like to see a more-or-less complete tool we wrote which
showcases the new pair-wise registration capabilities in ITKv4, I would
recommend looking at antsRegistration.cxx (coupled with the helper
class itkantsRegistrationHelper) available as part of our ANTs software
repository.

http://advants.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/advants/trunk/Examples/antsRegistration.cxx?revision=1521&view=markup
http://advants.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/advants/trunk/Examples/itkantsRegistrationHelper.h?view=markup&pathrev=1530
http://advants.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/advants/trunk/Examples/itkantsRegistrationHelper.hxx?revision=1525&view=markup

With respect to the problem you describe, you might also be interested
to look at a related tool also available in ANTs which uses the new ITKv4
material to perform image series registrations (e.g. for motion correction
and image stack alignments) called antsMotionCorr.cxx

http://advants.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/advants/trunk/Examples/antsMotionCorr.cxx?revision=1453&view=markup

Nick