[Insight-developers] IO Interpretation Layer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 10 18:51:43 EDT 2011

Jim,

Yes, so far the intention is to make the mapping optional,
and to make it as backward compatible as possible.

The plan is that applications such as Slicer and SNAP
will be able to specify defaults for how they want to treat
certain input data.  For example, when confronted with
an input image of six components, Slicer may define a
default for interpreting it as a Symmetric tensor image.

While a microscopy application such as V3D, may set
up as default to interpret this input as a 6 channels image.

    Luis