[Insight-developers] Problem while changing core ITK classes.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Apr 4 10:20:21 EDT 2011

Antonin,

Please don't reuse subjects from other emails,
for introducing new topics.

Your email is unrelated to the email that you
are replaying to.

Please see more comments below.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Antonin Perrot-Audet
<antonin07130 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Modules and ITK test compilation
>
> Hello, I was trying to compile the new modularized itk. I did some changes
> in some classes of core, and wanted to compile only the core module, with
> its tests and examples.
>
> But it seems like *Core module examples depends on the Segmentation module*
> : for instance, for the NeighborhoodIterators6

You can trace the dependencies by looking at the files "itk-module.cmake"
at the top level directory of every module.

> Scanning dependencies of target NeighborhoodIterators6
> [ 89%] Building CXX object
> Examples/Iterators/CMakeFiles/NeighborhoodIterators6.dir/NeighborhoodIterators6.cxx.o
> /Users/antonin/GITROOT/ITK/Examples/Iterators/NeighborhoodIterators6.cxx:26:40:
> error: itkFastMarchingImageFilter.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/antonin/GITROOT/ITK/Examples/Iterators/NeighborhoodIterators6.cxx: In
> function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
> /Users/antonin/GITROOT/ITK/Examples/Iterators/NeighborhoodIterators6.cxx:70:
> error: expected initializer before ‘<’ token
> /Users/antonin/GITROOT/ITK/Examples/Iterators/NeighborhoodIterators6.cxx:72:
> error: ‘FastMarchingFilterType’ has not been declared
>
> [...]

NeighborhoodIterators6 is an Example.

Examples depend on all the modules.

> /Users/antonin/GITROOT/ITK/Examples/Iterators/NeighborhoodIterators6.cxx:91:
> error: ‘node’ was not declared in this scope
> /Users/antonin/GITROOT/ITK/Examples/Iterators/NeighborhoodIterators6.cxx:93:
> error: ‘seeds’ was not declared in this scope
> /Users/antonin/GITROOT/ITK/Examples/Iterators/NeighborhoodIterators6.cxx:96:
> error: ‘fastMarching’ was not declared in this scope
>
> What should be done ? move this example to the Segmentation Module ?

Let's start at the beginning...

Can you please describe first the changes that you are trying to make ?

and what their purpose is ?

    Thanks

         Luis