[Insight-developers] conversion path to 4d data for paraview

Stephen Aylward Stephen.Aylward at Kitware.com
Thu Feb 19 07:41:20 EST 2009

Here is what a ParaView guru suggested:

===========
If using vtk files you can name them using this pattern, foo0.vtk
foo1.vtk foo2.vtk, and they will be read as a time series.

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Animating_legacy_VTK_file_series

Pat
===========

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Richard Beare <richard.beare at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to view some mri time sequences in paraview. It seems that
> the only 4d image format paraview can accept is its native one, which
> is an xml containing references to vtk files. I don't have any success
> if I convert using the vtk writer in itk (individual files can be read
> by paraview, but not the collection). It seems I need the xml version
> of the vtk file - any idea how I can create one from ITK.
> Alternatively, are there any 4d formats that paraview will read
> directly that I can convert to easily?
>
> Thanks

Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.
Chief Medical Scientist