[Insight-developers] Patented code

Jay Udupa jay at mipg.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 30 14:25:43 EDT 2004

Stephen:

I would like to answer this in detail but I am leaving town now and I
will not be able to participate in the t-con tomorrow. Briefly, my stand
is as follows. I thought the spirit of our previous discussion was that,
only for non-commercial use, code with patented algorithms can be used
and modified but not for commercial and for profit use. I don't know
what the ramifications of what you wrote below are with this
consideration. Also, this issue should be considered in general and not
just as applicable to me only.

Jay
___