[Insight-developers] Re: intel compiler

Simon Warfield warfield at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 26 17:02:53 EDT 2004

Hans Johnson wrote:

>Simon,
>
>I made those changes late this morning.  I have been able to compile the
>base ITK librarie, but when I turn on testing, I get the following
>compiler problem:
>
>Building object file itkSimplexMeshToTriangleMeshFilterTest.o...
>icc: error: /opt/intel_cc_80/bin/mcpcom: core dumped
>icc: error: Fatal error in /opt/intel_cc_80/bin/mcpcom, terminated by
>unknown signal(139)
>compilation aborted for
>/scratch/hjohnson/src/brains2/iplFreeware/icc/DEBUG/Insight/Testing/Code/BasicFilters/itkSimplexMeshToTriangleMeshFilterTest.cxx
>
>(code 1)

I am using

$ icc -V
Intel(R) C++ Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 8.0   Build
20040520Z Package ID: l_cc_pc_8.0.066_pe067.1
Copyright (C) 1985-2004 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Are you at this version of the compiler or a newer one ?

My build is still compiling, but your test mentioend above has been
compiled about 15 minutes ago and seems to be running OK:
To run a test, enter the test number: itkSimplexMeshToTriangleMeshFilterTest
Content of the Input
0.523599
0.523599
0.523599
0.523599
0.523599
0.523599
0.523599
0.523599
Verification of the output
0.523599 = 0.523599
0.523599 = 0.523599
0.523599 = 0.523599
0.523599 = 0.523599
0.523599 = 0.523599
0.523599 = 0.523599
0.523599 = 0.523599
0.523599 = 0.523599
Comparing the results with those of an Adaptor
Verification of the output
0
0
0