[Insight-developers] Re: [Insight-users] load a CT scan (DICOM)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:34:45 -0400

Oops,  my mistake.

You are right. The reading of the slices is done directly by
the metaImage code in Insight/Utilities/MetaIO/metaImage.cxx.

The reader is visiting every slice (every file) on the LIST,
skipping the Dicom header and getting the binary data directly
from the end of the file.

The header information from the dicom files is not used at all.
Dimensions and spacing are obtained from the MetaImage Header.