[Insight-developers] Tcl Wrapping Available

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 15:22:01 -0400 (EDT)

Jim,

> 4b) There are 4 CABLE CMake cache entries.  Do you only need to set
> the CABLE_BUILD_DIR? I also set the CABLE, CABLE_INCLUDE_DIR, and
> CABLE_TCL_LIBRARY values. Do these need to be set as well?

Here is the general rule:

If you want to use an installed Cable (only on UNIX right now):

  1.) Turn on ITK_WRAP_TCL.  Reconfigure.
  2.) Delete the CABLE_BUILD_DIR cache entry.  Set the other three
      by hand if they were not automatically found by CMake.
  3.) Reconfigure and generate.

If you want to use Cable from the build tree:

  1.) Turn on ITK_WRAP_TCL.  Reconfigure.
  2.) Set CABLE_BUILD_DIR and delete CABLE, CABLE_INCLUDE_DIR, and
      CABLE_TCL_LIBRARY.  The three settings will be found from
      the build tree.
  3.) Reconfigure and generate.

All these rules come from the way FindCABLE.cmake is implemented.  If
someone finds a better way, I'd be interested in any suggestion because
I'm not too happy with it.

-Brad