[Insight-developers] Tcl Wrapping Available

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 14:48:52 -0400

Brad,

3b) Build Cable

4b) There are 4 CABLE CMake cache entries.  Do you only need to set the
CABLE_BUILD_DIR? I also set the CABLE, CABLE_INCLUDE_DIR, and CABLE_TCL_LIBRARY
values. Do these need to be set as well?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad King [mailto:brad.king@kitware.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 10:51 AM
To: Insight Developers
Subject: [Insight-developers] Tcl Wrapping Available

Hello, all:

There is now an "itktcl" executable that provides an easy way to run
ITK using Tcl.  For those interested, here is how to build it:

1.) Get CMake from CVS.  CMake release version 1.4 will include the needed
    commands, but they are currently only available in CVS.

2.) Install GCC-XML version 0.2, available at http://www.gccxml.org

3.) Get CABLE from CVS.  Build it using CMake.

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/Cable login
  password=cable
  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/Cable co Cable

4.) Run CMake on ITK.  Turn on the "ITK_WRAP_TCL" option and
    re-configure.  CMake will ask for "CABLE_BUILD_DIR".  Set this
    to point at your CABLE build tree.  Building ITK will give you an
    "itktcl" executable in Wrapping/Tcl/Executable.

There is an example script in the source tree in
Wrapping/Tcl/Executable.  It will display a GUI that allows some
interaction for running a filter.  It is called "randomImage.tcl".

If on Windows, keep in mind that only Visual C++ 6.0 is supported.
The .NET support requires more support from GCC-XML which has yet to
be added.  Also, make sure the

  ${CABLE_BINARY_DIR}/CableTclFacility/Debug

directory is in your system PATH (where Debug is the actual build
configuration you used for CABLE).  This is needed because the
CableTclFacility library is linked to every wrapping package, but must
currently be shared (a .dll).

Once we are comfortable with building and using the wrappers I've provided
so far, I can write additional instructions about how to add new wrappers.

Good luck,
-Brad