[Imstk-developers] Minimum System Requirements

Milef, Nicholas Boris milefn at rpi.edu
Mon Oct 3 17:00:11 EDT 2016

What are the minimum requirements for iMSTK?

GPU VR: generally the GTX 970 is the default minimum requirement. This is recommended for HTC Vive:
https://www.vive.com/us/ready/. There are many reasons for this (including needing 90 FPS), but it's not going to go much lower than that.

GPU non-VR: that's much tougher. Is there some sort of baseline that's been determined?

CPU: it's tough because this application is more multi-threaded than many games, so it would seem that some sort of 4 virtual core CPU might be a good minimum, or something along those lines. Since iMSTK is very modular, it may be the case that the CPU minimum can be even lower.

Memory: we can test this. I don't think this will be a huge issue since today everything is loaded with extra RAM, but we can see the average for the simplest simulation and multiply it by some constant.

OS: I guess that's already listed on the ReadMe.

Really, the best way to test this is to use the minimum hardware and try running on that:
http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/437/how-do-i-determine-my-games-minimum-hardware-software-requirements