[IGSTK-Users] Which kind of fiducials are best for image registration in IGSTK?

Özgür Güler ozgur_guler at gmx.at
Thu Oct 17 09:54:12 EDT 2013

Hi Alejandro,
for your setup with the plastic skull, these fiducials will work fine, just
keep in mind not to have symmetric or collinear fiducial configurations.
Furthermore, when you define the fiducial loci in the image data set don't
aim for the center of the "nipples" since you can't pinpoint the center
with the tracked pointer, instead choose a point on the surface.

Hope this helps,
Ozgur

2013/10/16 Alejandro De León Cuevas <a.deleon.cuevas at gmail.com>

> Hi everybody, I have a question that I hope somebody there can answer. I
> want to know what kind of fiducials are best for image registration, I
> will use it on an artificial skull and make the registration procedure using
> IGSTK with DICOM images (CT) of the skull. I found skin markers as shown in
> this link:
>

> http://www.pdchealthcare.com/en-us/products/SDM-CT1.html
>

> but I don’t know if they are optimal. Thank you for your attention.

Dr. Dipl.-Ing. Özgür Güler, Bakk. techn. PhD
Research Assistant
4D-Visualization Laboratory
Univ. ENT Clinic
Innsbruck Medical University
Anichstr. 35, A-6020 Innsbruck, Austria

tel.: +43 512 504 23428, fax.: +43 512 504 25231

voxelmaster.eu
www.gueler.at