[IGSTK-Users] Build a custom tracker in IGSTK

chamara jayalath jaya.chamara at gmail.com
Sun May 16 10:57:15 EDT 2010

Dear all,
For our University final year project we are developing a Neuro Navigator (
image guide for tumor surgeries) and we have some issues regarding IGSTK. We
use our own stereo pair to acquire the 3D coordinates of the surgical space
and the coordinates will be acquired with a reference tool and a surgical
tool. This part has already been done and our problem is how to use those
coordinate in the IGSTK tracker. It seems very difficult to reverse engineer
the IGSTKtracker class to fulfill our need. So please be kind enough to
explain us about the process of using a custom tracker in Navigator example.
This will be very helpful to us as with the time in hand it is difficult for
us to start from the scratch to do a project of 3 months.
The requirement is to connect our tracking stereo pair which will generate
the reference and surgical tool 3D coordinates to the navigator example
found in IGSTK application. So if anyone of you have an idea on how to do it
or if anyone of you have come up with a solution to do it before please
explain us on thia regard because it will be very valuable for us.

Thank you.