[IGSTK-Users] Serial Communication problem in release

sebastian ordas sebastian.ordas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 11:40:30 EDT 2008

Hi Andinet,

> We just run the igstkPolarisTrackerTest4 on IGSTK VS-2003 Release build
> and
> everything went well. I am a bit confused why you are having the problem.

but .. are you checking the return error value from
"serialComm->OpenCommunication()" ?

if I don't check it like in the original igstkPolarisTrackerTest4 example,
the test continues and retrieves [0,0,0] coords; but that's because the FOB
classes that are not completely working yet.

> Anyways, I will follow up this issue with Patrick Cheng next week since he
> had
> similar problem in the past. We will update you our findings.

fine, keep me posted. In the meanwhile I will continue studying the tracker
code, state machines, etc.
I suspect the error comes from not properly running or setting my apps and
tests.

> PS: I noticed you got the the Flock of birds  code to work in the new
> tracker architecture. That is great! Let us know if you encounter any
> other problems,

It's just a first version. If you find some time, could you please check the
code?

have a nice weekend,

Sebastian