[IGSTK-Users] Serial Communication problem in release

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Apr 14 13:33:45 EDT 2008

Hi Sebastian and Andinet,

Thank you for the discussion about this issue.

I have found the problem of the bug. Basically, the return value of
serialComm->OpenCommunication() is not initialized (In OpenPort success,
it forgot to set the variable to be SUCCESS). DEBUG version of the
runtime library will initialize the memory to known value, but RELEASE
won't do that. That's why it works under Debug but not Release .

I have attached the new igstkSerialCommunication.cxx file. I have tested
here under Windows + VS 2005. Let me know if this fix the bug on your
platform.

Thank you,

Patrick