[IGSTK-Users] Matlab DICOM compatibility

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Wed Jul 25 16:07:45 EDT 2007

Hi Ryan,

The IGSTKImageReader is doing some safety checks internally. For
instance, if you are using CTImageReader, then it will check the
modality tag in the DICOM image header to see if this is a CT image.
Most likely, in your case, the DICOMWrite in Matlab altered the original
tags which cause the IGSTKImageReader to fail.

Thank you,

Patrick