[IGSTK-Users] Matlab DICOM compatibility

Ryan L. Smith ryans09 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:02:30 EDT 2007

Hi-
I am having trouble loading in DICOM image files that have been previously
written by Matlab.  For instance, if I have a DICOM directory with a few
test slices right from the CT Scanner, it will load into my IGSTK
application fine via the ImageReader.  However, if I load the images into
Matlab using DICOMRead and then write them back out again using DICOMWrite,
the same images no longer read into my IGSTK application (it pushes a
LoadImageFailureInput state transition).   It appears as if all metadata is
preserved in the DICOMWrite inside matlab.  Any ideas of what could be
causing this problem? Thanks in advance-
-Ryan