[Girder-users] Strange Behavior in listing Files

David Manthey david.manthey at kitware.com
Fri Dec 4 08:55:06 EST 2015

This is definitely an issue.

Internally, Girder uses the default locale for ordering.  In most locales,
characters such as leading underscores are considered less important than
the first letter, so the file __RV is sorted after PE000.  Somewhere along
the way, the locale sort is being ignored on the web client.

Thanks for reporting this.

- David

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 2:11 AM, Brian E Chapman <Brian.Chapman at utah.edu>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve observed what seems to be a bug in how Girder lists the contents of a
> directory when there are a large number of files in the directory. I’ve got
> a directory with a bunch of files that have file names starting with PE000
> or __RV. The __RV files don’t show up until I’ve repeatedly clicked “Show
> more items…” However, they files finally show up at the top of the
> directory. Not fatal, but quite annoying. I’ve created a YouTube video
> <https://youtu.be/_DdRzEiGH3s> demonstrating it.
>
> Brian

David Manthey
R&D Engineer