[Ctk-developers] a story of two lists

Tarbox, Lawrence tarboxl at mir.wustl.edu
Tue Apr 13 09:49:48 EDT 2010

Good idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: ctk-developers-bounces at commontk.org [mailto:ctk-developers-bounces at commontk.org] On Behalf Of Marco Viceconti
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:12 AM
To: ctk-developers at commontk.org
Subject: [Ctk-developers] a story of two lists

Dear All:
   I am very happy to see that the CTK community is really starting
up.  But I see a potential risk in the current communication model.
As it is now, we have a single mailing list to discuss everything from
the single cmake instruction that breaks the dashboard to the
copyright issues.  I know some of you have a role in your
organisations that cover this entire spectrum, but I also know that in
my organisation, and I suspect in other as well, the persons that are
interested in some topics are not the same that are interested in
others.

If this is true for others I would ask we split the list in two, ctk-
developers and ctk-governance.  In the first we shall continue to
discuss all implementation problems, in the second issues such as
licensing, copyright, architectural choices, community development, etc.

Of course one would be allowed so sign up to both, so that for those
who cover all aspects would not change much. But for the others we
could partition the communication more effectively, which usually
improves the level of participation.

Comments are welcome

Marco

MARCO VICECONTI, PhD
(viceconti at tecno.ior.it)
Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica              tel.   39-051-6366865
Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli                            fax.
39-051-6366863
via di Barbiano 1/10, 40136 - Bologna, Italy

Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright in the forest of the night,
what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?