[CMake] Cannot generate a safe runtime search path with mex and matlab

Jack Stalnaker jack.stalnaker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 14:12:22 EDT 2016

I am running into an error

"Cannot generate a sage runtime search path for target xxxx because files
in some directories may conflict with libraries in implicit directories."

I understand from the error message why this is happening, but I'm not
certain how to get around it. In my CMakeLists.txt file, I have:

matlab_add_mex(NAME xxxx SRC xxxx.c LINK_TO foo baz)

and the problem is that foo is a shared lib that links to the HDF5 library.
However, matlab is bundled with its own copy of the HDF5 library, in a path
automatically added by FindMatlab.cmake. Foo and baz are built elsewhere,
and are imported using the config variant of find_package().

How can I get around this issue?

Thanks,
--Jack