[CMake] CMake "permission denied" problem (Windows 7 64-bit, CMake 2.8.1)

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Fri Mar 6 19:26:26 EST 2015

Another approach that I'd like to try: avoiding the CMake "magic" compiles that it uses to determine endianness and bitness. Since those are unlikely to change on our hardware without our noticing, this would work fine. Is it possible? I saw a reference that suggested it was, but haven't found it in the doc yet.

It's big endian and 64-bit; ints are 32 bits, doubles are 64 bits. Not sure what else those compiles do?

(This also might let us use a current CMake, since IIRC it was the CMake step that hung.) And a note re this: I said before that we were doing out-of-source builds; I meant we're doing in-source builds. It's been years since I had to think about this, sorry.