[CMake] CMake "permission denied" problem (Windows 7 64-bit, CMake 2.8.1)

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Fri Mar 6 17:46:28 EST 2015

More data: I installed LockHunter (http://lockhunter.com/download.htm). It reports that no process has the file locked, but it also offers options to "Unlock and rename" and "Unlock and copy". I can do the first, which fits a vague impression I have that RENAME is easier than other file access. Ah, yes, I just tried RENAME from a command prompt, and it works. But "Unlock and copy" still fails, with a dialog that says:

You need permission to perform this action.

You require permission from <machine-name>\phsiii to make changes to this file.

BUT I am logged in as <machine-name>\phsiii already!

I looked at the file and the directories it's in, and it wasn't obvious that I actually had rights to them--but I added Everyone with Full Control, all the way up, and still can't read the file.

So this is obviously getting into Windows permissions arcana, not very CMake-ish, but I still figure someone might have an idea...?

...phsiii