[CMake] Problem using VS 2012 Express and CMake (Clark Taylor)

markus israelsson markus.israelsson at sensegraphics.com
Fri Sep 13 01:56:13 EDT 2013

Hello,

Did you start Visual studio 2012 before opening the solution file the first time? Maybe it wanted to be configured or something first.
We have a bunch of projects and they can all be loaded in visual studio 2012 (express). In case you never managed to open visual studio 2012 projects generated by CMake. I have cmake 2.8.10.2.
Double clicking on the solution file will however try to open it with visual studio 2010. I guess something is screwed up with visual studio version selection on my system.

Cheers,
//Markus

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, but...

I have been using CMake for a project and it works great with Visual Studio
2008 Express and on Linux. I recently installed VS 2012 Express on my machine (VS 2008 is still installed), and installed CMake 2.8.11.2 (downloaded yesterday) to have VS2012 support.  While CMake finds the compiler for Visual Studio 11 and generates the project and solution files, when I try to open these files in VS 2012 Express, the solution loads but the projects all fail to load.  When I tell them to reload from within VS, I get a "This operation could not be completed.  No such interface supported" error.

Is there something simple that needs to be done to enable working with VS
2012 Express? Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks,
Clark