[CMake] Componentized Packaging with TGZ generator

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Sep 13 10:38:58 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue with the behaviour of the TGZ generator and
componentized packagings. The generation of the packages for the various
components works just fine, but unfortunately the contents are not as I'd
like them to be.

It seems like the TGZ generator drops the 'common' prefix from the
packages, i.e. my packages have

bin/foobar
lib/libfoobar.so

in them, instead of

mypackage-1.0.0-Linux32/bin/foobar
mypackage-1.0.0-Linux32/lib/libfoobar.so

This is quite annoying extacting the packages pollutes a users system in a
way that makes it hard to remove the stuff again. Its also different from
the behaviour when disabling componentized packaging, there TGZ adds the
prefix just fine.

I've tried avoiding this with CPACK_INCLUDE_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORIES set to 1,
but that seems to make no difference. Am I overlooking something in the
docs of CMake/CPack that can be tuned to get the behaviour that I want?

Andreas