[CMake] Components in DMG but outside OSX Application Bundle

Florian Wobbe Florian.Wobbe at awi.de
Tue Nov 22 05:20:17 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to create an OSX Application Bundle but like to include the documentation in a separate directory outside the app bundle but still in the dmg. Currently cpack installs all components into the app (CPACK_BUNDLE_COMPONENT_INSTALL ignored). Now for this to work I guess I would have to

1) enable component based install for the bundle generator
2) make sure only the runtime component is installed into the app
3) inject a cmake install script that installs the documentation component in a separate directory along with the app (before the dmg is created).

I don't know how to solve (1) but from reading the documentation and looking at previous posts in this list I guess (3) can be achieved with CPACK_INSTALL_COMMANDS or CPACK_INSTALL_SCRIPT.

Thanks,
Florian