[CMake] Is there a tool pretty much like cmake for Java?

Andreas Schneider asn at cynapses.org
Thu Oct 7 16:08:19 EDT 2010

On Thursday 07 October 2010 21:32:51 Bill Hoffman wrote:
> The other issue is VS builds.  At one point, I had some magic, cmake
> language to custom command converter thing going for this, but I am
> thinking it might be broken.   If we did a pure custom-command version,
> it would work in the IDE's (Xcode and VS) with no problem.  Right now,
> your stuff will likely only work with makefiles.

I see your point. So you want a UseJava.cmake file which provides functions
like:

add_jar
add_jni_headers

I think if you do it like that you will loose some nice features like

add_definitions
include_directories

Or is it possible to use them? If you can guide me a bit I would implement it.
At the moment it looks much harder to use functions with custom commands to
me.

	-- andreas