[CMake] Is there a tool pretty much like cmake for Java?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Oct 7 15:32:51 EDT 2010

On 10/7/2010 2:37 PM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Thursday 07 October 2010 18:57:50 Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> The java support was broken a while ago when we re-organized the build
>> trees.   I don't have much time to work on this, but I would like to get
>> it fixed.  The best approach might be a pure custom command approach.
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> with some modifications, the Java support works just fine. I just have some
> minor issues which I need to address.
>
>> We could model it after the scons java support which is quite simple.  I
>> am thinking of adding a module for java building into the Modules
>> directory as java does not really fit our language type that well.
>
> First I tought about doing that, but getting it to work in CMake made more
> sense do me. I is especally easier to work with CMake functions cause auf the
> dependencies then doing everything with Modules which provide functions for
> the Java language.
>
> Here are my modifications to the Java files:
>
> http://git.cynapses.org/users/asn/pki.git/tree/cmake/Modules?h=cmake
>
> This is still work in progress but it works just fine atm. The only thing is
> that is is ugly to get the OBJECT_DIR :)

The other issue is VS builds.  At one point, I had some magic, cmake
language to custom command converter thing going for this, but I am
thinking it might be broken.   If we did a pure custom-command version,
it would work in the IDE's (Xcode and VS) with no problem.  Right now,
your stuff will likely only work with makefiles.

-Bill