[CMake] Is there a tool pretty much like cmake for Java?

Andreas Schneider asn at cynapses.org
Fri Oct 8 07:10:35 EDT 2010

On Thursday 07 October 2010 21:32:51 Bill Hoffman wrote:
> The other issue is VS builds.  At one point, I had some magic, cmake
> language to custom command converter thing going for this, but I am
> thinking it might be broken.   If we did a pure custom-command version,
> it would work in the IDE's (Xcode and VS) with no problem.  Right now,
> your stuff will likely only work with makefiles.
>
> -Bill

I hit several problems using a custom command version.

a)

add_jar(osutil_java ${osutil_java_SRCS})
set_target_properties(osutil_java PROPERTIES OUTPUT_NAME osutil)

doesn't work for me.

get_target_property(FOO osutil_java OUTPUT_NAME)

is empty.

b)

I can't use osutil_java in another CMakeLists.txt as a dependency.

Here is my function add_jar()

http://git.cynapses.org/users/asn/pki.git/tree/cmake/Modules/UseJava.cmake?h=cmake

	-- andreas