[CMake] Is there a tool pretty much like cmake for Java?

Andreas Schneider asn at cynapses.org
Thu Oct 7 14:37:25 EDT 2010

On Thursday 07 October 2010 18:57:50 Bill Hoffman wrote:
> The java support was broken a while ago when we re-organized the build
> trees.   I don't have much time to work on this, but I would like to get
> it fixed.  The best approach might be a pure custom command approach.

Hi Bill,

with some modifications, the Java support works just fine. I just have some
minor issues which I need to address.

> We could model it after the scons java support which is quite simple.  I
> am thinking of adding a module for java building into the Modules
> directory as java does not really fit our language type that well.

First I tought about doing that, but getting it to work in CMake made more
sense do me. I is especally easier to work with CMake functions cause auf the
dependencies then doing everything with Modules which provide functions for
the Java language.

Here are my modifications to the Java files:

http://git.cynapses.org/users/asn/pki.git/tree/cmake/Modules?h=cmake

This is still work in progress but it works just fine atm. The only thing is
that is is ugly to get the OBJECT_DIR :)

> -Bill

	-- andreas