[CMake] Executable and library output paths for multiple platforms

Nils Busch nh.busch at web.de
Wed May 20 09:50:32 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to configure and build a project, the project being ITK, on Windows using Visual Studio 9.
I would like to create from a central source dir a build directory structure like bin / $(ConfigurationName) / $(PlatformName) with CMake (v 2.6.4), i.e.
release and debug versions for multiple platforms.
Unfortunately, ITK seems to use the deprecated EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH and LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH instead of RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY resp.
ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, which defaults to {(ITK_BINARY_DIR}/bin.  EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH  and LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH  don't appear in the cmake gui,
so I can't edit them to reflect the chosen configuration and platform for a build.
I know I can create a directory hierarchy above my binary dir to maintain different debug/release and platform versions, but still cmake creates a bin dir below the project root dir
and either CMake or Visual Studio seem to add a Debug or Release (who ?) and I end up with a somewhat redundant structure.

Ultimately, I need to migrate ITK into a larger solution (as in the Visual Studio sense) with a common bin dir under which I would like to have something
like bin/Release/x86 and bin/Debug/x64. How can this be done with CMake ? And/or Visual Studio if necessary.

Thanks,

Nils

Verschicken Sie SMS direkt vom Postfach aus - in alle deutschen und viele
ausländische Netze zum gleichen Preis!
https://produkte.web.de/webde_sms/sms