[CMake] Building boost app on Mac OS

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Jan 20 14:18:17 EST 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 2:11 PM, kafou nmento wrote:

> Hi all!
> I am on Mac OS and I want to build a boost app with CMake. I did the
> same  on windows and it works fine.
> But it doesn't work on Mac OS.
> The configure on CMake goes well but the build fails at the includes
> of boost headers.
> For example, at the line #include <boost/thread/mutex.hpp> I got an
> error. It sounds like compiler doesn't find the boost include
> directory. Although I set BOOST!ROOT to the root directory of boost
> and BOOST!INCLUDEDIR to the include directory of boost. But it
> doesn't work.
> If anyone has an idea, I'm waiting for you. Maybe it is the install
> which is wrong. If anyone has already build any boost app on Mac OS
> can you help?
>
> Thanks to all

Where is your boost installed?
What did you set BOOST_ROOT and BOOST_INCLUDE to?
What is the name of the folder inside of $BOOST_ROOT/include/? Does
that folder have a version number on it?

Run "make VERBOSE=1" when you build your application (or disclose the
verbose compiler output from Xcode) and copy the output from the
compiler invocation and send that along also.

Did you compile boost yourself or did you get a pre-compiled binary
from somewhere?

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net