[CMake] OSX Bundle Generator for Cpack

Shead, Timothy tshead at sandia.gov
Fri Jun 6 12:42:51 EDT 2008

Folks:

I've just posted a  patch that introduces a prototype OSX bundle generator
here:

Along with a writeup in the wiki here:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/User:Tshead/OSX_CPack_Bundle_Generator

I started the new generator because I needed more control over the final
output than current approaches provided.  In particular, I needed to skip
starting X11 for some projects (Qt-based) while retaining the ability to
setup a custom environment before the program starts (e.g. set
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH).  I also needed to generate my own Info.plist.

I'd love to get feedback on the pros / cons of this approach.  There's
overlap with the OSXX11 generator and bundle-related properties, but this
seemed to be the only way to get what I needed, and it is a big improvement
over my previous shell-script-based bundles.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead
Scalable Analytics & Visualization (1424)