[CMake] OSX Bundle Generator for Cpack

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 12:49:28 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Shead, Timothy <tshead at sandia.gov> wrote:

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/User:Tshead/OSX_CPack_Bundle_Generator

Neat!

> I started the new generator because I needed more control over the final
> output than current approaches provided.  In particular, I needed to skip
> starting X11 for some projects (Qt-based) while retaining the ability to
> setup a custom environment before the program starts (e.g. set
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH).  I also needed to generate my own Info.plist.

One thing I would recommend, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH should be considered
harmful except for very specific uses.  You're best off at least
setting it as DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH (which behaves more like
you'd expect from LD_LIBRARY_PATH on other *NIXes) or, at least,
having the option to do so.

Other than that, this looks very cool.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick