[CMake] Re: Out of source build and KDevelop

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Oct 18 08:58:26 EDT 2004

> ./CMake.kdevelop
> ./CMake.kdevelop.filelist  //empty
> ./Source/CMake.kdevelop
> ./Source/CMake.kdevelop.filelist  // most of the files
> ./Source/CTest/Curl/CMake.kdevelop
> ./Source/CTest/Curl/CMake.kdevelop.filelist
> ./Source/CursesDialog/form/CMake.kdevelop
> ./Source/CursesDialog/form/CMake.kdevelop.filelist
> ./Source/kwsys/CMake.kdevelop
> ./Source/kwsys/CMake.kdevelop.filelist
> ./Utilities/CMake.kdevelop
> ./Utilities/CMake.kdevelop.filelist
> ./Utilities/cmexpat/CMake.kdevelop
> ./Utilities/cmexpat/CMake.kdevelop.filelist

Yes, that's how I expect it to work currently.

> I think it should look like the visual studio 7 projects.
> Like this:
>
> ./CMake.sln  // contains all targets in cmake
> ./Source/CTest/Curl/LIBCURL.sln  // This is a sub project of CMake that
> can be loaded by itself
> ./Source/kwsys/cmsys.sln  // this is a sub project of CMake
> ./Utilities/cmexpat/CMEXPAT.sln  // this is another sub project
>
> The names should be the project name and not repeated.
>
> -Bill

Well, I can put all source files into the top level kdevelop project. There
remains
the problem, that currently kdevelop always calls make in the "build dir" of
the
project, and there is ony one build dir for one project. So, the top level
kdevelop
project can contain all files, but "make" will always make the whole
project. The
subdirectory project files should stay as they are I think.
Would this be better ?

Bye
Alex

--