[vtkusers] create tetrahedral from a set of points using vtkDelaunay3D

Idayat Salako isalako1 at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu May 9 15:35:04 EDT 2019

Hi,
How do I create tetrahedral from a set of points using vtkDelaunay3D? This
is what I have come up with so far.

vtkDelaunay3D* getDelaunayTets; // create instance of vtkDelaunay3D
vtkPoints* points;
    points=vtkPoints::New(); // initialise points (online example - not
clear from doc)
    points->InsertNextPoint(0,0,1); // insert points (online example - not
sure if points r added)
    points->InsertNextPoint(0,0,0);
    points->InsertNextPoint(0,1,0);
    points->InsertNextPoint(1,0,0);
    points->InsertNextPoint(0.5,0.5,0.5);

vtkUnstructuredGrid* Mesh;  vtkIdType id; double x[3]; vtkIdList*
holeTetras;
getDelaunayTets->InsertPoint(Mesh, points, id, x, holeTetras);

I get an initialisation error for holeTetras and I am not sure how to
initialise holeTetras.

Thank you
Idayat Salako

***Whoever wakes up in the morning and is safe in his home, in good health
and has enough provision for the day, it is as if he has all the good
things of this world [HadithTirmidhi 2346]***