[vtkusers] splinewidget with projection

zandarina esmeralda.ruiz at alma3d.com
Wed May 8 13:16:27 EDT 2019

Dear all,

I have implemented the panoramic view but i also want to implement it as
this software you mention. that is, when we scroll we update the panoramic
image and the implementation is a bit slow. By now i am doing it with
vtkimagereslicer. For not getting lines when i apply a big thickness, i use
small divisions of the spline in terms of spacing so the image i get is
correct but the problem i need to get many slices in order of 500 and this
is slow. And the problem comes when i want to move the dental curve and
update the panoramic that it gets very slow. Any optimization to do that?.
Or any other way to compute the panoramic. I have made my own implementation
and i have also tried the code
https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/CurvedReformation
that it does exactly this but with this code, i get also the panoramic but
the speed is even worse.

Thanks