[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] Fwd: VTK Discourse forum is now available

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Mar 1 07:08:53 EST 2019

Bill brings up many good points. In particular references to the old
mailing lists and such. I am a big fan of making information available
through multiple access vectors so it can be found and accessed through
different means.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 6:54 PM Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure retiring id a good idea.
>
>  For example stack overflow mirrors the lists.
>
> The lists are mentioned in many web pages.
>
> Also, I use LastPass for password manager and its a PIA to login just to
> give a dimple answer. Especially on my phone.
>
> What is the harm in keeping the lists?
>
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019, 1:13 PM Cory Quammen via vtk-developers <
> vtk-developers at vtk.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,

>> vtk-developers at vtk.org will be retired at some point this year. Please
>> post new questions and topics on https://discourse.vtk.org
>>
>> Details are available in the forwarded message below.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Cory

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc. - Building the World's Technical Computing Software
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
will.schroeder at kitware.com
http://www.kitware.com