[vtkusers] Merge boundary edges filter/method?

andyjk andrewkeeling at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 16:57:06 EDT 2019

Thanks Dean
I feared as much.

I may encounter an issue of creating some weird triangles when I have twpo
edges to merge (like one of the triangles in my picture). I could fan the
first edge out like you suggest, but then the second edge might end up with
some disproportionately small triangles. I was hoping for a magic vtk
solution! I tried filling holes but it doesn't consistently detect the
'holes' ( ie the overlaid edges).

I wondered if I could do something with ribbon filter or similar but cannot
seem to work it out.