[vtkusers] Delaunay3D: find a tetrahedron enclosing a query point

leonid leonid.gluhovsky at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:36:08 EST 2019

Hello.

Suppose I have built a 3D delaunay triangulation out of N points.  Now I
have a query point, and I need to find the tetrahedron of the triangulation
which encloses the query point.  How to do it?

I am aware of CellLocator, but the documentation warns that it might be
slow.  Is there some fast (and ideally simple) method that utilizes the fact
that the tetrahedrons are not arbitrary, but rather the result of 3D
delaunay?

Thank you,

leonid