[vtkusers] Cut a space with multiple objects

Q Wang wangq1979 at outlook.com
Mon Jan 14 16:44:30 EST 2019

Thanks David for the tips.

I try the first tip with following code, but it shows nothing on the window. Any comments about the missing objects?

vtkNew<vtkMultiBlockDataSet> mbds;
mbds->SetNumberOfBlocks(spheres.size() + 2);

// add small bubbles
std::cout << "totally " << spheres.size() << " small bubbles are identified" << std::endl;
for (auto i = 0; i < spheres.size(); i++) {
 vtkSmartPointer<vtkSphereSource> sphereSource =
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkSphereSource>::New();
 sphereSource->SetThetaResolution(100);
 sphereSource->SetPhiResolution(50);
 ... // set sphere here
 mbds->SetBlock(i+1, sphereSource->GetOutput());
}

// Iso-surface using marching cubes
vtkSmartPointer<vtkMarchingCubes> contourFilter = vtkSmartPointer<vtkMarchingCubes>::New();
imageData->SetSpacing(pixelDim * scaleFactor, pixelDim * scaleFactor, pixelDim);
contourFilter->SetInputData(imageData);
contourFilter->ComputeNormalsOn();
contourFilter->SetValue(0, isoValue);
mbds->SetBlock(spheres.size()+1, contourFilter->GetOutput());

vtkNew<vtkCompositePolyDataMapper2> mapper;
mapper->SetInputData((vtkPolyData*)mbds.Get());
vtkNew<vtkCompositeDataDisplayAttributes> cdsa;

mapper->SetCompositeDataDisplayAttributes(cdsa.Get());

vtkNew<vtkActor> actor;
actor->GetProperty()->SetColor(bubbleColor[0], bubbleColor[1], bubbleColor[2]);
actor->GetProperty()->SetOpacity(bubbleColor[3]);
actor->SetMapper(mapper.Get());

vtkNew<vtkRenderer> renderer;
renderer->SetBackground(1, 1, 1);
vtkNew<vtkRenderWindow> renderWindow;
renderWindow->SetSize(1200, 600);
renderWindow->SetWindowName("Bubble Visualisation");
renderWindow->AddRenderer(renderer.Get());
vtkNew<vtkRenderWindowInteractor> renderWindowInteractor;
renderWindowInteractor->SetRenderWindow(renderWindow.Get());

renderer->AddActor(actor.Get());

renderWindow->Render();
renderWindowInteractor->Start();

In addition, could you shed more light on the second one since I am quite new to VTK?

Best wishes,

Chiang