[vtkusers] Cut a space with multiple objects

Q Wang wangq1979 at outlook.com
Sat Jan 12 18:55:39 EST 2019

Hello vtkusers,

I use vtk to render a closed space, e.g. a cylinder, and there are numerous objects inside the cylinder, as in the attached figure. Every object inside the cylinder is rendered with its own actor and mapper, and so on. Now, I want to see the cross-sectional image of the cylinder at arbitary positions. I tried different ways, e.g. using a vtkplane to cut, but cannot get what I want since there are multiple objects at the cross-section.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Best wishes,

Chiang