[vtkusers] How to read and store face values (OpenFOAM)

Bosshard Christoph HSLU T&A christoph.bosshard at hslu.ch
Mon Jan 7 13:10:05 EST 2019

Hi

To analyze a flow, I need to read in a surfaceScalarField from OpenFOAM. An
example is OpenFOAM/tutorials/incompressible/icoFoam/cavity/cavity/0.1$/phi.
This is a field that is defined on the faces (opposed to point values and cell
values). vtkOpenFOAMReader does not read in this field, so I have to write new
code for this purpose. My question is: Is there any possibility to store this
field in vtk? I cannot use the point or cell values.  For this example, the
velocity U (cell) contains 400 values, the coordinates (point) 882 values, but
the phi field (face) 760 values. Any help would be much appreciated.
Christoph