[vtkusers] Failed to load library QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll

meakcey meakcey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:24:58 EDT 2018

Hi
I am having a problem to integrate QVTKWidgetPlugin into Qt.
I have compiled VTK with MSVC 2014 x64 with settings below

VTK_Group_Qt	ON
VTK_QT_VERSION	5
VTK_BUILD_QT_DESIGNER_PLUGIN	ON
Module_vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL	ON
Module_vtkGUISupportQt	ON
Module_vtkRenderingQt	ON
Module_vtkViewsQt	ON

I have copied QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll to
C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\plugins\designer but there is no widget is shown
on tool menu.
When I checked Tools>Form Editor>About Qt Designer Plugins I see
QVTTKWidgetPlugin could not be loaded with message below:
"Cannot load library
C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\plugins\designer\QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll: Unknown
error 0x000000c1"

I have set environment variable to QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 and then started a
sample app but there is no output related with QVTKWidgetPlugin.

How can I get the reason of the problem?

Thanks