[vtkusers] vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera problem with multiple views

Oleksandr Malyushytsky omalyushytskyvtkuser at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:48:16 EDT 2018

1. Push the left mouse button.
2. Drag the mouse out of the view, do not release it
3. Click and release right mouse button (or middle button, any button which
was not grabbed). Release left mouse button.
4 In this state you can move mouse back to view. View will behave like left
mouse button is clicked.

Problem is that only left button was grabbing a mouse. Releasing right
mouse button will prevent interactorStyle from receiving  OnLeftButtonUp(),

so when you move mouse into the view  not even it will still remain  in
previously set interaction state, but the appropriate mouse button will not
be grabbed.

This seems like a bug and I would appreciate if anybody could at least
point on work around.
It does not appear on my version of paraview, but I am not sure what fixed
the behaviour.

(I use  vtk 8.1.1 with Qt 5.9)

Best regards,
      Alex