[vtkusers] "missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE" error while installing VTK

Yang Jiao yang_jiao at brown.edu
Fri Nov 16 23:43:58 EST 2018

Hi,

I am installing VTK-8.1.2 using CMake and I got an error message from CMake
saying that Could NOT find Doxygen (missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE).

I have seen a previous  post
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTk-error-with-cmake-td5721246.html>
which said the reason is BUILD_DOCUMENTATION configuration. However, I
looked through my CMake configurations and found there was not a
configuration called "BUILD_DOCUMENTATION". I even added a
"BUILD_DOCUMENTATION" entry manually and set it as unchecked, but it did not
work.

My operation system is Windows 10 1803 and the current generator is Visual
Studio 15 2017. Do you have any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks,
Yang