[vtkusers] 3d Reconstructions wityh Python

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu May 10 10:02:24 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM, blue <ustungozde at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello;
> I am studying 3d reconstructions with python for my thesis I think firstly
> should these algorithms for image processing before reconstructions.
> 1)Median Filtering
> 2)Image contrastion
> 3)Global thresholding
> 4)Noise reduction
> But I cant find these algorithm in vtk Which algorithms should I use
> instead
> of these algorithms?

The Tomviz project might be of interest, we use Python in our pipeline, and
have many SciPy-based data operators, as well as some ITK operators. If you
look at the Python folder,

https://github.com/OpenChemistry/tomviz/tree/master/tomviz/python

You can see a number of examples that focus on taking a NumPy array,
treating the data, and setting the output. Things like remove bad pixels
use ndimage from scipy for example. You can visualize the outputs of
various Python operations. We have not integrated OpenCV. The installer
comes with a full Python environment that contains SciPy, NumPy, ITK, etc.

Thanks,

Marcus